Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Boxes...boxes...and MORE boxes!

Whew! I thought for a little while that we would drown in packing paper and boxes, but it looks like we will survive this experience! I truly forgot how much work it was to move...and that is saying something, because I really thought I did remember! And we didn't have to do it all ourselves, we even had a moving company. Which explains the whole drowning in paper and boxes theory! Seriously, I'm pretty sure an entire forest died to supply the paper product for our move! 

Yesterday I am pretty sure I single-handedly unloaded 100 boxes...well, maybe that is exaggerating a bit. It probably was only 99 boxes... ;-)   

I pretty much have realized that the best way is just to get them unloaded and shoved somewhere, then when that is all done I can begin the long slow process of organizing things where they will work and function the best. That part will probably take about 4 years...figures doesn't it? 

Anyway - I don't want to take too long here, because I want to tackle the rest of the jungle today and see if I can conquer it! But I have some pictures and video of my first thunderstorm here (YAY - hopefully the first of many!) - and also a few pictures and videos from Labor Day when we decided to cut and run from the unpacking and visit Yellowstone for the day now that we are only about 3 1/2 hours away from there. So we  visited Old Faithful! I will also get some pictures of the house now that it is getting put together a little bit - but for now, here are a few shots from moving day after the boxes had all been dropped off...YIKES it was crazy! Felt like I was walking through a maze!




6 comments:

  1. Heather ~ Oh my ~ BEAUTIFUL new home! LOVE the open concept and all the wood!!! Well your post was rather funny but looking at ALL this work ~ WOW! I am sending you enough energy to get EVERYTHING out of those boxes and put away!!! Take your time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This house seems so appropriate for Wyoming. I love the rustic wood look to it. So pretty. Good luck with all of the unpacking and with adjusting to your new home and neighborhood. Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes...just seeing all those boxes makes me feel panicky. Good Luck! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uggh. It'll get better, hang in there, Heather! Love ya...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, you got moved. What a beautiful home, love that wood in the kitchen area. You have a lot of work ahead of you but just think of the rewards when you are all done. Glad to hear you took a break with the family, tfs

    ReplyDelete