Monday, September 24, 2012

First Day of School/Fall photo shoot

Sorry I haven't gotten caught up here yet! We got back late Saturday evening, and hit the ground running to unpack from our trip (a VERY loaded truck I might add!) - and then get ready for the week. Today we started our FIRST day of school for the year, and I'm happy to report it was a GREAT first day! LOVE it when that happens! They were done by noon, with no tears, and even a considerable amount of smiles! And...since they had been begging for a while to go to the park, we packed up and headed for the town park. I had never been there before, and was unprepared for how beautiful it would be - especially with the fall colors! GORGEOUS! Fortunately I was smart enough to bring my camera, although the battery died before I had taken half as many pictures as I intended! But I love the pictures we did get! And they had a blast rolling down the hill - I took some video on my cell phone, so I will try to upload those a bit later to share! For now, here are a few of my favorites:






LOVE this picture of both of them together! Perfectly captured both their smiles!


And to end, wouldn't you just love to step into this picture and walk down this path? We did for a little while - but I plan on going back soon to walk around some more! 


Hope you are all doing well, and will try to catch this up with some more pictures soon! Right now, it's off to cook dinner, get ready for another day of schoolwork in the morning, and hopefully prepare to tackle canning some of the apples and pears we brought back with us! Come to think of it, the next few days might turn out to be pretty busy - so you might not see me for a few days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment