Thursday, September 13, 2012

We now interrupt this adventure...

Yep - it's true! I got pretty busy with trying to get our house unpacked and settled into, as well as the outside oiled and ready for the (rapidly) approaching winter, that this blog kind of got neglected! And now, we are working our way back to Washington for a weeks visit to the "big city" of Sedro-Woolley! So things will be quiet here for a wee bit I'm afraid! 

There have been a few adventures along the way though...a big thunderstorm - with a lightning touchdown that cause a small fire about a half mile from our house:


Then a little later, another particularly gorgeous and epic thundercloud decided to plop itself right over our house for a bit:


I also completed my first batch of homemade bread at high elevations - successfully I might add!


And used my new electric pressure cooker to make an incredible batch of soup - that started with dried beans, and was finished in about an hour! Definitely my new favorite kitchen appliance!


And I have come to love and so enjoy the view from our living room windows...gorgeous!


You can see the smoke from that fire still in this picture...it was contained very quickly I believe, but smoldered and smoked for a few days still...

And...this was early on our drive today! We have since landed in Montana, but drove by too quickly for me to get a picture of that sign!


Wondering how weird it is going to be to be at sea level again! And so excited to see and spend time with everyone again! So it's off to bed, and ready for another day on the road tomorrow! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment