Thursday, August 23, 2012

Popsicles...and brain freeze!

I put a new photo up as the blog header! Did you see it! I took it from the window of our rental this morning...I love how the sun rises over the hills here. You can totally see the moment it is about to break over the horizon. In face it was only seconds after I took this photo that it broke free of the mountain and the day began. Something so beautiful about that moment...peaceful and full of anticipation.

Today has been just as beautiful as almost everyday has - sunny and gorgeous, but particularly windy! Michael told me the wind usually comes with a storm, but it doesn't appear that there is any storm brewing, just lots of wind. I love the sound of the wind blowing, although it sounds different blowing across the sage and grass than it did blowing in the trees. This house still creaks pretty much the same though!

One of our first grocery shopping runs involved picking up some popsicles for treats when we are home. They aren't exactly organic or healthy, but they are mostly fruit, so I don't feel too bad about letting them (and me!) enjoy one each day while enjoying the sunshine. They wanted me to take a picture of them enjoying them:




Then...all of a sudden while posing with her mouth full of frozen yumminess...Katie had a sudden attack of brain freeze!!! I was lucky enough to capture it on camera!




Not to be outdone, Amy had to add her own silly faces as well...again captured by the camera for future blackmail!




Notice how Amy's front teeth are growing in quite well? Although I do miss the way she talked when those two front teeth were missing...

We went for another walk last night - and I thought we were all having a great time. But Amy's bedtime prayer included the following: "Thank you for the walk we went on that I didn't like..." Nothing like honesty, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment