Saturday, August 18, 2012

First Day in Town (and already saw a moose!)

Today started off by the girls coming to wake us up...before 6 o'clock! I thought with the time change from Pacific to Mountain time, that if anything, they would sleep in. No...it didn't work that way! We told them to go back to bed until 6, then when they knocked on the door we rather groggily requested 5 more minutes. Then, 6 minutes later, they came back, quite proud of how generous they were to give us an entire extra minute! I know someday I will remind them of this when they are ducking under the covers in their teen years and asking for just 5 more minutes...then it will be my turn to laugh! 

Anyway - today started with a little more unpacking and settling in, then we headed to town to run some errands. We started by stopping by our house that should officially be ours in under 2 weeks. It was nice to find it just as nice, or nicer than I remembered - and the girls found it very exciting this time to be looking at it knowing it was ours. They also picked which room they wanted as their bedroom, based on the fact that they would be able to look out their window and see the neighbors horses! That's my girls!

Anyway, then we stopped by the post office to get the keys to our mailbox, and pick up the mail that was waiting for us. They we dropped a truckload of garbage off at the dump - which much to my disbelief cost us an entire dollar! Plus they handed the girls a sucker...definitely a bargain! Next we headed to the Library to get our library cards - but before we made it in the door, we saw this:


Yep! It is real! At first we thought it was a statue - but it was moving! So funny to see it hanging out there in the shade looking quite content!


See that window behind him? The girls were able to go to that window and look right out at him - close enough to touch if the window hadn't been there!


Now that we have fast internet (YAY!!!) I thought I would add a video too...I took it on my cell phone - so sorry for the VERY shaky hand! I was having a hard time holding it steady and using the zoom...I'll have to work on that, or just take my real camera with me next time!


After this we ran to lunch, dropped Michael off at the office for half an hour (and the girls and I got a small tour which was fun!) while we headed to the grocery store for a few more forgotten items. Then we picked Daddy up and grabbed ice cream cones before heading home - the perfect end for such a warm and beautiful day. 

Tomorrow we head to church, and are pondering what to do with the rest of our day. Might make the drive to Jackson and do a little shopping and exploring there. I will most likely be without a vehicle for the first week, since my car that is being shipped here won't arrive until Saturday. Michael might be able to borrow a work vehicle, but if not, I plan to enjoy the down time and hanging around the house while he is at work. Which makes me a little more excited to head to town and go shopping tomorrow, but I also know Michael has to work, so I don't want to wear him out either - so we will see what happens. I also plan on taking some pictures of our temporary home, and sharing a tour of our little house that we have for a couple of weeks at least!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for letting us know how you are doing. I can't wait to get another update. Love You!!

    ReplyDelete