Thursday, October 11, 2012

Another few days in the Wyoming life...


Been another few busy days - but thought I would add a brief update on here! It got pretty cold the end of last week, and over the weekend. On Sunday morning, we reached single digits...9 degrees! When we got in the car to head to church at 7:30 in the morning - this is what the thermometer in the car read:


Yep! That is pretty cold in my humble opinion...so on Monday morning - this was my little happy place:


 Nothing like a comfy chair, cozy warm pants, hot tea, and a fireplace! Fortunately things have warmed up this week, and even though we are still down in the teens or low 20's at night, it has been getting to the mid-60's during the day. Which, let me tell you, is WONDERFUL!!! This is what the car said yesterday when I was in town:
And here is the sunset last night - isn't it pretty?!?!?! I took this with my phone, so it's not the best picture, but the pretty sunsets go so fast around here, that I usually don't have time to get my good camera out for a picture without missing the moment.


 Then the other night the girls posed for some pictures for me! 


Here is Katie hammin' it up:


And Amy picking her pose before telling me to take a picture:


I sure love these girls! Aren't they beautiful?


They had so much fun last night - they started music lessons! The pastor's wife teaches music, so they joined a beginning class and are learning piano, guitar, and recorder (a gift from my mom that I am SOOOO grateful they will be learning to play on and not just make noise with!!!) (I love you Mom...)

We also had a surprise visit from a couple the other night - and it turned out to be the man (and his wife) who had built our house! It was so neat to be able to talk to them, and they showed us a few interesting little tidbits about the house that we didn't know about! Like a little hidden fan between the sun room and the living room that pushes the heat from the winter sun into the rest of the house to help heat the house a little more effectively! They also showed us how on our kitchen cabinets, besides being custom made like we already knew, they made them using the same piece of wood, so if you look at the cabinets, the wood grain matches up from one door or drawer to another. Anyway, it was neat to see the love and care that went into building our home.

It was also kind of cool to find out that they were believers! They noticed the teapot and bowl on our counter, and commented on how beautiful they were. When I told them it was from our church family back home (thank you Day Creek Chapel!) - they then told us about the former owner of our house...turns out she was a practicing witch! They suggested we pray over our house - and I'm glad that we already had - but we made a special point of it that night for sure! Made me more grateful for all the prayers from our friends and families that have covered us every step of the way on this move - and I'm sure paved the way in this new home. But they were tickled that the home now had owners who loved the Lord!

Okie Dokie - time for me to head to the post office, return a movie, grab the mail, and get home so we can do some re-arranging this evening. We are in the process of getting a furnace installed - they started yesterday on the process - and tomorrow they are cutting the vents in the tiled portions of the house. Apparently that makes quite a mess - so I have to move all our homeschooling stuff, my scrapbook stuff (YIKES - that's  a job right there!), and clean out the bathrooms and laundry room a bit tonight to prepare for them to do that. So...will be a busy night!

Sending love to all our family and friends - in Washington, Hawaii, and everywhere else! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment