Saturday, December 7, 2013

Christmastime...is here!!!

Did that make you start singing the Charlie Brown song? Yep...we had that playing today as the snow was falling outside, and we decorated our Christmas tree and put up Christmas lights. Kind of perfect! Then we went (ironically with how cold it has been this past week!) to see Frozen - such a cute movie! Kind of fitting, since we were pretty excited to hit 15 degrees today - the warmest it has been in several days! We have been in the neighborhood of 20 below zero, with a high of 1 or 2 for the past several days. 


And, finally got a couple of better pictures of Cooper - the puppy!



Today was a breakthrough (for me anyway!) - he learned to sit and stay. YAY! We now put this blanket where we want him to stay, and he will stay put! He needs a few reminders - but it is so nice for my own sanity to have him stay in one place, and not have to follow him around to make sure he isn't doing a naughty potty in the house.


And the girls wanted a picture with him too - so we took them by the Christmas tree (naturally!)




Hard to believe that Christmas is getting so close! I was starting to fear we wouldn't get a tree up at all this year! This one is just one from a nearby gas station - but I know we never would have made it to go look for one this year. So...the girls are calling this our Charlie Brown tree, but I kinda like it! 

I also have just about reached the conclusion that this is going to be the year I give up on making Christmas cards. I really hate to do it - but I'm just starting to see the light at the end of the busy/crazy tunnel, and don't want to make it longer! So, we'll see what happens - they might still happen, just a little late, but I'm not promising anything! 

No comments:

Post a Comment