Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Kansas Trip

Oh how I have neglected this blog lately! So...since we got home late last night, and Michael had to leave early for work this morning, I thought I would take a little time and edit some photos from our trip - then post them here to share! I will work on catching up some more in the coming weeks, but for now, here are some photos from our trip to Kansas.

We went to go visit our dear friend (who we call Auntie Amy, since that is the name our kids adopted for her!) and her husband (who we met when we traveled there for her wedding). We had not seen either of them since - about a 1 1/2's time had passed! Was SOOO fun to see them both, and spend time with her family. We spent quite a bit of time out at her parents house in the country - here is the view from their back yard:


The girls favorite part was the big trampoline! They had so much fun on it!







Since I had taken any pictures of them lately, I tortured them by making them allow me to do that. LOVED all the pretty green and the warm temps! We loved laying in the sun and just soaking it up...well, the girls preferred to jump on the trampoline, not lay on it! But we were able to convince them to give us a little time without getting seasick...



And the dandelions were so fun to blow!



Lovin' the time with Auntie Amy!



Their dog...he was just so cute (and fat and slow!) 


Here they both are! Amy and her husband Gabe with the girls! Gabe is a pilot, so one of the highlights was going to the local airport. My husband who always wanted to be a fighter pilot when he was a boy, but had bad eyes - got to sit in an amazing simulator and have Gabe take him through a take-off and landing. My husband was on seventh heaven! And the girls got to sit in the pilot seat of a real plane - they kind of loved that too!


Here they are in the cockpit:


And in front of the plane they got to sit in:





More pics...I kind of love my camera!





And here is the family all together - I am so completely blessed!!!


Then one of the gorgeous sunsets that I love in Kansas - this was when we were on our way home Sunday evening. Stopped by the side of the road to take a few pictures.


Well - the girls are awake now - so I'm off to make breakfast and finish unpacking and putting the house back together - always a big job after a trip like that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment